- Shelby High-strength hand laid fiberglass composite.
- Aesthetically and dimensionally correct body painted with two stage show quality paint finish.
- Original style indicator lenses and head lights
- Original style Bumperettes with Hoops
- Original style hand crafted windshield frame chrome over brass & windshield wipers.
- Original style 15" Wire Wheel rims with spinners.
- Original style pedals, catches & fittings.
- Original Style Stewart Warner (SW) gauges.
- Moto- Lita wood steering wheel original design.
- Adjustable Driver's seat.
- Carpeted interior and trunk.
- Original style latch and lock seat belts.
- Original frame configuration with round tube main rails.
- 120 wall thickness - 90" wheelbase.
- Original four wheel independent suspension with Transverse Leaf Springs.
- Rack and Pinion Steering.
- Willwood vented disc brakes with Shelby Calipers: Front-4-pot & Rear-Single-pot.
- Billstein custom crafted shocks.
- Aluminum, single core hi-performance radiator, shroud, dual fans and braided lines.
- Aluminum finished firewall which dissipates engine heat.
- Monza style filler with Locking gas cap.
- Pressure tested stainless steel fuel tank.
- Licensing/Registry/Owners Clubs:
- Exclusive Shelby CSX8000 sequence number.
- Special Interior (Leather Seats, Dash, & Map Pockets)
- Fresh Air Ventilation Box
- Detachable Steering Wheel: Detachable
- Glove Box
- Door Map Pockets
- Grab Handle
- Cobra Mats
- Seat Belt: Upgraded to a 6 Point Harness
- Oil Cooler
- Coolant Tank, FIA Style
- Oil Vapor Separator Tank
- Differential Oil Cooler System
- Non-Standard Differential
- Complete Exhaust System
- Tonneau Cover
- Custom Car Cover
The Chassis is the original John Tojero designed 3” tubular rail ladder with cross-member. This chassis is reproduced using drawings obtained from AC cars and also implements the necessary changes to utilize rack and pinion steering . The 3” tubes are tig and mig welded to guarantee a safer and stronger chassis. This is much stronger than the arc and gas welded originals. Pain staking efforts were made to reproduce the chassis as close to an original as possible while incorporating a few modern improvements, like inserting a 3" square tube through the main rails to prevent flexing. Building the cars with a meticulous eye on authenticity took time, but this resulted in a superior driving experience.
Engine And Transmission
An Original would have probably been a 289 with a B.W T10. Today, the recommendation would be a 289/302 based engine with a more modern Tremec TKO or similar transmission.
Aluminum finished firewall which dissipates engine heat
Monza style filler with Locking gas cap
14 gallon pressure tested stainless steel fuel tank
Headers for a Ford based 302 Windsor V8 engine
Aluminum, single core hi-performance radiator, shroud, dual fans, oil cooler and braided lines
Moto- Lita wood steering wheel original design.
Adjustable Driver’s seat
Carpeted interior and trunk
Classic Stewart Warner gauges
Original style pedals, catches, fittings, shifter and hand brake lever
Sun Visors, Side fitted wind wings with driver’s side and rear view mirrors
Original style latch and lock seat belts
The Superformance MKII roadster bodywork replicates the later of the 289`s which incorporated modifications to fender flares that will accommodate the slightly wider tires fitted onto chrome wire wheels. One of the improvements made by Hi tech was that the footwells were tweaked so that the taller North Americans can now sit comfortably.
To compliment an original chassis you need to follow the same rules when it comes to the suspension. It had to be period correct, or as close as possible. The original slab side had a transverse leaf spring style suspension which requires different length springs to change camber settings we decided to use heim joints which were used on some of the original competition cars.
Another change with regards to safety was to add an additional pick-up point to the chassis to increase the shear strength of the bolt passing through the lower control arm rose joint or poly-bushed rod end. The original springs were made of thinner steel than that available today. In an effort to keep compression rate the same, this car comes with one blade less and “free camber” was changed to keep the ride heights equal from front to rear. This insistence on authenticity means that owners of a Superformance MKII Roadster will have virtually the same driving experience as the original.
Only Cobra Reproduction licensed through Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.
Superformance forum (SCOF) & Superformance registry where sales are recorded to preserve value of car.
Hand laminated fiberglass body with reinforcing inserts, Aesthetically and dimensionally correct body painted with two stage show quality paint finish
Original style indicator lenses and headlights
Original style Bumperettes with Hoops
Original style hand crafted windshield frame chrome over brass & windshield wipers
Original style 15” Wire Wheel rims with spinners
Looking for another ride?
See all our inventory belowView All Inventory